Initiated by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development, « France Alumni » is a new online platform for the alumni (former students) who had studied in France. The launch of « France Alumni: Hong Kong – Macau » was organized by the Consulate General of France in Hong Kong and Macau and took place in the Residence of the Consul General from 7pm to 10 pm on November 19th, 2015.
« France Alumni » aims at promoting access to job, training, scholarship and internship opportunities. This online platform also allows its members to communicate more easily and to be kept informed of cultural and touristic news in France. Furthermore, the website constitutes an opportunity for French companies and universities to enhance their international development by building new economic or academic partnerships with their local counterparts. The “France Alumni” website is now open and reachable via this link.
Course of the launch reception:
Mr. Eric Berti, Consul General of France in Hong Kong and Macau, opened ceremony with a moment of silence to honor victims from Paris attack before giving the floor to Pr. Angelina Yuen, Vice President (Institutional Advancement and Partnership) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU), and Mr Jean-Benoît Kaeppelin, French Foreign Trade Advisor and Stanton Chase China’s Managing Director. After these speeches, different events punctuated the party:
1) A « live » presentation of the platform by two students ;
2) A discussion with 6 former students and one moderator who related their experiences in France and explained the interest of setting up such a network in Hong Kong and Macau ;
3) Videos showing records from former students, including the testimony of the first chinese dancer of the Ballet of the Paris Opera, Lam Chun Wing;
4) Signatures of partnership agreements with the different institutions and companies supporting « France Alumni »;
5) A « live » graffiti painting by the artist MC Yan;
6) A cocktail party fostering meetings and interactions between students, academic and private partners;
Pr Serge Haroche, quantic physics researcher, 2012 Nobel Laureate in Physics and 2009 CNRS Gold Medal (French National Centre for Scientific Research) attended the launch, along with the partners of « France Alumni: Hong Kong – Macau »:
A la Bakery, Atout France, the Alliance Française of Hong Kong, the City University of Hong Kong, Eric Kayser, the French Society, A. A.H.K.U.S.U., French Alumni Association, the French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, the Hong Kong Postgraduate Student Union, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Le French May, SPA L’Occitane, Vinci Construction.
Sponsors for the launch reception:
A la Bakery , Burgundy Wine Company Ltd , Eric Kayser, French Alumni Association, SPA L’Occitane, Winebeast Bistro.
Please, learn more about this event through the press release here: