Summer French Language Scholarships 2020 - Open for Applications [fr]
The Consulate General of France in Hong Kong and Macau and the “Legion d’Honneur Club” Hong Kong Chapter is launching applications for its jointly organized Summer French Language Scholarships. The objective of the scholarship is to encourage students studying French at higher educational institutes in Hong Kong and Macau to directly immerse themselves in French language and culture.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
These scholarships are designed for students pursuing French courses at any university in Hong Kong or Macau. Students should demonstrate an eager interest in improving their French language abilities by taking a month-long, intensive, summer French language course in France between June and September 2020.
• be at least 18 years old at the time of application;
• have at least a level of competence in French equivalent to DELF A2;
• have taken French courses for at least 2 semesters at their own institutions;
• be nominated by the French department of their own institution;
• have enrolled for an intensive French language summer course at a University Language Centre in France, accredited by the Foreign Language Quality label “FLE”.
How to apply:
For more information regarding the application and selection process, students should approach their own French teachers at their university. The teachers will proceed with the selection process alongside staff at the Cultural Services Department at Consulate General of France in Hong Kong and Macau, and the Hong Kong Chapter of the ‘’Légion d’Honneur Club’’.
Students are required to complete an evaluation questionnaire assessing the quality of courses and their stay in France upon his/her return to Hong Kong. The evaluation will be sent back to the Department of Culture, Education and Science of the Consulate General of France in Hong Kong and Macau.