More than 840 French producers & negociants are exhibiting together at French Pavilion, for the 24th edition of Prowein, flagship fair for trade professionals of the wines and spirit sector. Organized this year for the first time by Business France - the national agency supporting the international development of the French economy - the French Pavilion expects some 55 000 international visitors in Halls 11 & 12 in Dusseldorf from 19th to 21st this coming March. Master-classes, delegations of foreign importers & distributors and videos filmed by German influencers and media professionals are part of the exciting line-up over the three days.
Since 1st January 2017, following the rationalization of the « France Export Program » which supports French businesses in their international market development, all French Pavilions at international trade shows in the food and beverage sector are managed by Business France.
- Made in France, Made with Love: Discover the diversity of French wines & spirits at Prowein
Unified with a common promise « Made In France, Made With Love », the 840 French producers & negociants on the French Pavilion of the next edition of ProWein cover a total area of 6300 m² in Halls 11 & 12.
The French Pavilion has worked hand in hand with the regional promotional bodies to rally together their individual players:
• Alsace (Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins d’Alsace), Bourgogne-Franche-Comté (Chambre de Commerce et Industrie Bourgogne Franche-Comté) ;
• Bordeaux and South-Western France (Agence de l’Alimentation Nouvelle-Aquitaine (AANA) and the Loire Valley (Dev’up & Food’Loire) ;
• The Rhone Valley (InterBeaujolais, Inter Rhône & Comité Auvergne - Rhône-Alpes Gourmand), Occitanie (Inter OC & Sud de France Développement), Provence (Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins de Provence) & Corsica (Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins de Corse) ;
• L’Association Nationale Interprofessionnelle des Vins de France (Anivin) & France Vin Bio which represent multiple wine-producing regions.
- French Pavilion: Program at ProWein
Throughout the 3 days of the fair, 12 Masterclass sessions are programmed. Each region in turn has a 45-minute slot to offer visitors the chance to discover their wines under ideal tasting conditions with a wine expert.
The Business France office in Düsseldorf has launched a competition amongst German professionals to make a winning video about France’s presence at Prowein: “(M)ein neuer Blick auf Frankreich“, My fresh look at France. Before the fair, a jury of professionals will select the most creative videos which will be projected on the information desk of the French Pavilion (Stand 11A160).
On social media, a dedicated hashtag #BonjourProWein has been launched by Business France offices around the world for news on French Pavilion at Prowein.
The exhibitors’ catalogue, the program of events and enrolment for the masterclasses are available on request.
About Business France
Business France (www.businessfrance.fr) is the national agency supporting the international development of the French economy, responsible for fostering export growth by French businesses, as well as promoting and facilitating international investment in France.
It promotes France’s companies, business image and nationwide attractiveness as an investment location, and also runs the V.I.E international internship program.
Founded on January 1, 2015 through a merger between Ubifrance and the Invest in France Agency, Business France has 1,500 personnel, both in France and in 70 countries throughout the world, who work with a network of public- and private-sector partners.
Communications & Press