Master Erasmus Mundus MaMaSELF: Master in Materials Science Exploring Large Scale Facilities [fr]
Mamaself is a 2 year full time Master proposing a high level course in Material science, physics, chemistry with strong relation to the Large Scale Facilities.
This Master is the result of the collaboration between five Universities:
- University Rennes 1, (France, coordinating institution of the program),
- University of Montpellier (France),
- Technical University (TUM),
- Ludwig Maximilian University München (Germany), and
- University of Torino, (Italy).
MaMaSELF is an international Master proposing courses at these 5 universities in very interesting cities in Europe. This is a great opportunity for students to combine study and discovering Europe. All lectures are given in English, and the atmosphere is really international : a Mamaself class is composed with 2/3 Non-European students and 1/3 European students. The students appreciate the structure of the program with 3 key events :
- 1) integration week at the beginning of the program,
- 2) two-week Summerschool, and
- 3) Mamaself status meeting organised at the top of a mountain in Switzerland with our partner the PSI Zurich.
The student will receive at least 2 Master degrees, corresponding to his/her two places of study during the program :
- each student will spend one year in a first hosting institution,
- the first semester of the second Master year at another university.
- The last semester is dedicated to the Master thesis and can be spent at a university or at Large scale Faclities or at a partner institution in USA, Japan, Switzerland, Brazil, India and Russia at our partner institutions.
- Grants for Non-European students:
The grant for Non-European students is 14.500 € per year. Deadline for application: 30.01.2018. Non-EU students who already spent a year in Europe must apply with the European students, deadline 10.03.2018.
- Grants for European students:
In the framework of the Erasmus Mundus programme, European students can apply for an scholarship of 10.000€ per year. Deadline for application is 10.03.2018.