Following the success of the first event, Laurent Fabius decided to make Goût de France / Good France an annual event. Every 21 March, French gastronomy and the values it promotes will thus be celebrated all around the world.
On the occasion of the launch of 2016’s event, the Minister presented the participating restaurants, in countries all around the world. In the end, more than 1500 restaurants worldwide have been selected for the Goût de France / Good France event of 21 March 2016.
With almost a third of foreign tourists citing gastronomy and wine as some of the main aspects that drew them to visit France, the Goût de France / Good France event highlights the French art de vivre and its local produce, while promoting France as a destination.
On January 28th 2016, an international committee of chefs has announced the list of the participating restaurants. In Hong Kong and Macau, 22 restaurants have been selected for this edition:
- Bibo (Sheung Wan, Hong Kong)
- Brasserie on the Eighth (Admiralty, Hong Kong)
- Caprice (Central, Hong Kong)
- Chez Raymond de Paris (Sai Kung, Hong Kong)
- Cococabana (Shek O, Hong Kong)
- Epure (Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong)
- Fleur de Sel (Causeway Bay, Hong Kong)
- Jules Bistro (Happy Valley, Hong Kong)
- La Cabane Wine Bistro (Central, Hong Kong)
- La Saison by Jacques Barnachon (Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong)
- La Table de Patrick (Central, Hong Kong)
- Le Bistro Winebeast (Wan Chai, Hong Kong)
- Metropolitain (Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong)
- Otto Restaurant & Bar (Causeway Bay, Hong Kong)
- Pierre (Central, Hong Kong)
- Privé (Ponte 16, Macao)
- Restaurant Akrame (Wan Chai, Hong Kong)
- Restaurant Petrus (Admiralty, Hong Kong)
- Riva and The Deck (Causeway Bay, Hong Kong)
- Serge et Le Phoque (Wan Chai, Hong Kong)
- Spoon by Alain Ducasse (Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong)
- Stan Café (Stanley, Hong Kong)
Please visit the website of Goût de / Good France for more information, and locate the participating restaurants in Hong Kong and Macau on the interactive map below :
In addition to the 1500 participating restaurants, our embassies will also be fully involved in organizing the event, and will be holding their own dinners, hosted by the ambassadors.