General Introduction [fr]
The Department of Education, French Language and Literature organized by the Consulate General of France in Hong Kong and Macau promotes academic exchange, studying opportunities in France and provides scholarships, especially to help students to pursuit study in France.
The head of the department, the attaché of educational and linguistic affairs is at the disposal of institutions for organizing academic exchanges and studies in France for developing the knowledge and use of French.
Several institutions organize study-abroad programs for their students, especially under format of “summer camps”, but few of them have the twining arrangement which allows students to be integrated into the educational system of another country and the families for a period of time.
For the twinning program, the Consulate General of France in Hong Kong and Macau can help a Hong Kong institution to find a corresponding institution. Among them:
- French institutions offering Chinese language in their curricula
- Catering schools. See also the web site of Association Française des lycées d’Hôtellerie et de Tourisme.
- Schools from regions in contact with the Consulate General of France in Hong Kong and Macau: Académie d’Aix-Marseille, Académie de Créteil (Paris region), Académie de Dijon, Académie de Grenoble, Académie de Nice and Académie d’Orléans-Tours
For secondary school students who would like to pursuit studies in France, a few ways are possible:
- Direct admission to the university
- Enrollment into the final year of the French colleges
Educational activities “à la française” are also available directly for schools in liaison with French cultural activities provided in Hong Kong.
- La semaine du goût: the French chefs will prepare “ a tasting lesson” in schools
- Study Guidance: Introductions to job opportunities and related studies