The 2nd edition of IFFAM will take place from Dec 8th to 14th 2017. The festival aims to become an enduring platform for upcoming international filmmakers as well as a industry and project-financing hub.
French director Laurent Cantet will be President of the jury. His film The Class was notably awarded the Palme d’Or at Cannes Festival 2008. Official competition will deal with a selection of 10 first and second features including French film Custody (Xavier Legrand, 2017) which was recently awarded the Silver Lion at Venice Film Festival.
France is once again well represented after a 1st 2016 edition that highlighted a series of French classics. In total, 3 French films and 6 French co-productions will be part of the official 2017 IFFAM programme. A wide range of different French actors, producers and filmmakers will be attending the festival, for instance regarding Custody, Foxtrot and A Prayer before dawn.
An extensive French line-up list can be found below:
- Jusqu’à La garde/ Custody (section Compétition). Xavier Legrand, 2017, Silver Lion, Venice Film Festival
- Le Sens de la fête/ C’est la vie (section Gala). Eric Toledano and Olivier Nakache, 2017.
- Les Gardiennes/ The Guardians (section Best of Fest Panorama). Xavier Beauvois, 2017.
- Une Prière avant l’aube/ A Prayer before dawn (section Flying daggers). Jean-Stéphane Sauvaire, 2016.
- Zama (Best of Fest Panorama). Lucretia Martel, 2017.
- Foxtrot (Compétition). Samuel Moaz, Jury Grand Prize, Venice Film Festival
- Temporada De Casa/ Hunting Season (Compétition). Natalia Garagiola, 2017.
- Call Me by Your Name (Best of Fest Panorama). Luca Guadagnino, 2017
- As Boas Manneiras/ Good Manners (section Flying Daggers). Juliana Rojas & Marco Dutra, 2017