With the entire diplomatic and consular network in China, the Consulate General in Hong and Macao has been mobilized for several days to contribute to the solidarity effort towards our medical personnel. A work carried out with the exceptional support of our Hong Kong friends.
We would like to sincerely thank the donors and the carriers who help France, discreetly and effectively. France is very grateful for these signs of support, and will continue to work for unity, solidarity and international cooperation, which are keystones in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic.
First of all, our thanks go to Bolloré Transport & Logistics and to Hong Kong Airlines, which helped us transport from Hong Kong large stocks of masks for the medical staff of Paris hospitals (the Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Paris).
We warmly thank Mr. Adrian Cheng and New World Development for his masks donation.
We wish to express our appreciation to the Hong Kong Community Foundation for its donation of masks and medical equipment to various hospitals.
We also support initiatives by this NGO such as inviting to applaud local medical personnel, as part of the #ClapforHK campaign; like everywhere in Europe, let’s take part! The nursing staff deserves our full support.
Large stocks of full protective suits donated by a Hong Kong family have also arrived at the Bichat Hospital in Paris and at hospitals in Bordeaux and Libourne (South-West of France). We heartily thank this family, a long-time friend of France !
If you are a business owner and would like learn more about the regulations to import face masks in France, please refer to the guide from the French customs below.
- I have a business and I want to import masks - French customs guide
- (PDF - 390.2 kb)
1) The Hong Kong Committee of the French Foreign Trade Advisors (Conseillers du Commerce Extérieur de la France) launched two initiatives:
- A campaign to coordinate the sending to the Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Paris’ medical staff of money and masks donations offered by some private donors and the following companies : ADPI, Alphascience, Bolloré, Capgemini, Hermes, Lacoste, Pernod-Ricard, RATP Dev, et Suez.
For more information on this initative: CCEHKurgenceCOVID19@gmail.com
- A fundraising drive to support the Covid-19 Emergency Fund set up by the Paris hospital authority AP-HP to purchase protective equipment. To make a donation, please visit the following link:https://solidarite.fondationaphp.fr/projects/ccehkurgencecovid19
2) The Pasteur Foundation Asia (PFA), a Hong Kong-based charitable organisation supporting scientific research, also launched a donations campaign to contribute to the worldwide effort against the Covid-19 pandemic. Collected donations will help develop medical research in Asia: supporting research on the virus SARDS-CoV-2 at the Pasteur Institute in Hong Kong, sending supplies to needing institutes in the APAC region, and funding training in these centres. Professor Roberto Bruzzone explains what is at stake.
To make a donation: http://pasteurfoundationasia.org/en/news-updates/8-cms-contents/latest-news/364-together-we-will-overcome-the-sars-cov-2-virus
In case of questions: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
2) The Fondation de France has also appealed for donations in collaboration with the Pasteur Institute in France and the Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Paris in order to support medical staff and researchers in France. Collected on the “All United Against the Coronavirus” platform, donations will be used to help healthcare workers - whether in hospitals or not-, to finance research projects as well as to support local social professionals and charities working with the most vulnerable. https://dons.fondationdefrance.org/solidarite-avec-les-soignants-et-les-plus-fragiles/~my-donation?_cv=1