Call for applications EIFFEL Scholarships [fr]
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme was established by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development to enable French higher education establishments to attract top foreign students to enrol in their master’s and PhD courses.
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme has two branches:
a master’s branch, which funds master’s courses lasting between 12 and 36 months (1 181€ / month) ;
a PhD branch, which offers funding for PhD students to spend ten months in France, through joint supervision or dual enrolment (preferably in the second year of their PhD). (1 400€ / month).
In addition, the following expenses are directly covered:
- one international return journey;
- social security cover;
- cultural activities.
Scholarship holders may also receive an additional housing allowance, under certain conditions.
Eiffel scholarships are available in three main fields :
engineering science at master’s level, science in the broadest sense at PhD level;
economics and management;
law and political sciences.
Calendar Session 2015/2016
- Opening of the call for applications: October 21th, 2014
- Deadline for receipt of applications by Campus France : January 9th, 2015
- Announcement of results: Week of March 23th, 2015
- Nationality: this programme is reserved for candidates of non-French nationality. Candidates with two nationalities, one of which is French, are not eligible.
- Age: for master’s courses, candidates must be no older than 30 on the date of the selection committee meeting, i.e. born after 11/03/1984; at PhD level, candidates must be no older than 35 on the date of the selection committee meeting, i.e. born after 11/03/1979.
- Origin of applications: only applications submitted by French educational establishments are accepted. These establishments undertake to enrol scholarship holders on the course for which they have been selected. Applications submitted by any other means shall not be considered. Furthermore, any candidate nominated by more than one establishment shall be disqualified.
- Courses of study: scholarships are for students wishing to enrol on a master’s course, including at an engineering school, and for PhD students. The Eiffel Programme does not apply to French-run master’s courses abroad, as non-PhD scholarship holders must complete at least 75% of their course in France. It does not apply to training under an apprenticeship contract or a professional training contract either
- Combination with other scholarships: foreign students who, at the time of application, have already been awarded a French government scholarship under another programme are not eligible, even if the scholarship in question does not include social security cover.
- Eiffel PhD scholarships: Establishments may nominate a candidate who was previously awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master’s level for a scholarship at PhD level. Candidates who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship once during their PhD cannot be awarded it for a second time. No application will be accepted for any student who applied previously but was rejected, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study.
- Eiffel master’s scholarships: no application will be accepted for any student who applied previously but was rejected, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study. Students who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master’s level are not eligible to re-apply at master’s level.
- Language skills: when pre-selecting non-French-speaking candidates, establishments must make sure that their language skills meet the requirements of the relevant course of study.