CEFC job opening
The French Centre for Research on Contemporary China (CEFC), based in Hong Kong, seeks a well-organized, dynamic, detail-oriented office manager.
Position: OFFICE MANAGER
Location: Hong Kong
Type of position: F/T
Post date: July 8
Start date: August 15
The CEFC is part of a network of research institutions established around the world with funding from the French Foreign Ministry and the CNRS (French National Research Centre). It functions both as an independent academic institution hosting individual research projects, and as a think tank devoted to analyzing current developments in contemporary China. It publishes a quarterly peer-reviewed journal in two languages, China Perspectives and Perspectives chinoises.
Candidates should be interested in working in a friendly, high-paced, trilingual (English, Chinese, French), academic environment, and have some interest in academic research and/or contemporary China.
Job Description. Reporting to the Director of the CEFC, the Office Manager will undertake the administrative and financial issues supporting the overall research and publication activities of the CEFC, and insure the smooth functioning of a fast-paced office involved in a range of research and publication activities. Duties will include:
- manage book keeping and finances in coordination with the French Public Accountant responsible for the CEFC; handle incoming cheques and credit card payments
- maintain an efficient office infrastructure, including phone, fax, copying, printing, lighting and supplies procedures;
- handle all office rental, furnishings, and equipment issues;
- oversee computer network and database, and handle all technical trouble-shooting;
- handle visitors and phone calls during office hours
- be responsible for human resource management of supporting staff, such as recruitment, payroll, benefits, and vacations;
- manage subscriptions to the CEFC’s journal China Perspectives: updating the subscribers database, sending out of journals to subscribers, contributors and promotional copies, quarterly statistical report on journal sales and subscription;
- provide administrative and organizational support to research activities such as academic conferences, lectures or seminars as well as research missions (air ticket and other bookings); the Office Manager is encouraged to take initiative in participating in and contributing to these activities in accordance with his/her interests;
B.A. or equivalent; 2 years of administrative office experience; familiar with Microsoft Office.
Chinese language skills (Cantonese and Mandarin) and fluent spoken and written English is a must. Knowledge of, or interest in, French, is a plus, but not required.
Salary commensurate with experience. The CEFC offers an attractive vacation policy.
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, and two reference contacts to email@example.com.
The subject of the email should be “Application: Office Manager”.