Business France: Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur Colourful Food Pairing with Mordern Cantonese Cuisine [中文]
The biggest vineyard of fine wines in the world - AOC Bordeaux and Bordeaux Supérieur accounts for 55% of the bordelaise vineyard with 4 different colours, 7 appellations and 1 geographical indication. On the occasion of Hong Kong International Wine & Spirits Fair, Asia’s Wine Sourcing Hub, winemakers from AOC Bordeaux and Bordeaux Supérieur, with the support of Business France, will display their colourful and playful pairing possibilities in Hong Kong, a Cantonese food heaven. The harmonious fusion of Eastern and Western flavours reconfirms that Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur is perfect for everyday consuming, especially in a rich-Cantonese cultured city. Professionals and general public can meet face-to-face with the winemakers from AOC Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur at Hong Kong International Wine & Spirits Fair (Booth No.: 3G-A13) from 8-10 November.
2017: Fruitful Year for AOC Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur Wines
AOC Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur spans over the entire Bordeaux wine region enjoying an ideal oceanic climate and a rich variety of soils and subsoils. With the famous savoir-faire developed over 2,000 years, the AOC has made its name known to the wine world:
- 58089 hectares, 55% of the Bordeaux vineyards
- 5,404 Members, 23 Cooperative Wineries and 327 Trading Houses
In 2017, the total production of AOC Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur amounts to 2,142,741 hectoliters (285,684,533 bottles of wines), domestic consumption and export each takes up 50%. In other words, there are 9 bottles of AOC Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur sold every second in the world. Hong Kong ranks 6th place in the international export market after Mainland China, Japan and USA etc.
A Range of Colours – Diversity of AOC Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur Wines
With wide grape varieties (Sauvignon, Sémillon, Muscadelle, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc), AOC Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur offers a highly diversified and colourful range of wines:
- Crémant de Bordeaux Sparkling wines (white or rosé) with fine bubbles, brilliant pale colour, delicate aromas and freshness on the palate.
- Bordeaux Blanc Well-balanced white wines with greenish gold colour, citrus fruit and floral aromas; fresh, acidulous with a very aromatic finish.
- Bordeaux Supérieur Blanc White wines, between dry and sweet, offer a wide range of fruity and floral aromas in their youth and honey after a few years.
- Bordeaux Rosé The ultimate fashionable, festive, pale pink wines have the fruity and floral aromas, light and fresh on the palate.
- Bordeaux Clairet A Bordeaux specialty that’s neither red nor rosé. With more intense colour and aromas, the wines are more full-bodied and vinous on the palate due to a longer maceration than the one of rosé.
- Bordeaux Rouge Made from the traditional Bordeaux grape varieties, the aromas of the red wines are open from its very early days, with the intense colour and light tannins.
- Bordeaux Supérieur Rouge Characterised by ripe fruit aromas and combined with hints of oak, these red wines have a longer maturing period and lower yields than the Bordeaux Rouge.
For more information, please visit: www.planete-bordeaux.fr
Ms. Phoebe GUO
Communications & Press
Mr. Luka FUNG
Communications & Press
About Business France
Business France (www.businessfrance.fr) is the national agency supporting the international development of the French economy, responsible for fostering export growth by French businesses, as well as promoting and facilitating international investment in France.
It promotes France’s companies, business image and nationwide attractiveness as an investment location, and also runs the V.I.E international internship program.
Founded on January 1, 2015 through a merger between Ubifrance and the Invest in France Agency, Business France has 1,500 personnel, both in France and in 70 countries throughout the world, who work with a network of public- and private-sector partners.