[Business France] Beautiful Bordeaux Surprise – Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur [中文]
On the occasion of Hong Kong International Wine & Spirits Fair from 10th to 12th November, winemakers from AOC Bordeaux and Bordeaux Supérieur, with the support of Business France - French Trade Commission and renowned wine glass supplier Riedel, organized a Happy Hour Special in downtown of Hong Kong, where wine lovers explored the fascinating offer by this largest vineyard of fine wines in the world.
Surprising Diversity of AOC Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur Wines
For consumers, Bordeaux wines from France are closely linked to the vocabulary of high-quality, palate-pleasing and distinct-characteristics. AOC Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur goes beyond that to give a Beautiful Bordeaux Surprise. With wide grape varieties (Sauvignon, Sémillon, Muscadelle, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc), AOC Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur offers a highly diversified and colorful range of wines:
- Crémant de Bordeaux: The fine bubbles, brilliant pale color, delicate aromas and freshness on the palate make them great sparkling wines, white or rosé.
- Bordeaux Blanc: With the greenish gold color, citrus fruit and floral aromas, the white wines are well-balanced, fresh and acidulous and have a very aromatic finish.
- Bordeaux Supérieur Blanc: Between dry and sweet, the white wines offer a wide range of fruity and floral aromas in its youth and honey after a few years in the bottle.
- Bordeaux Rosé: The ultimate fashionable, festive, pale pink wines have the fruity and floral aromas, light and fresh on the palate.
- Bordeaux Clairet: It’s a Bordeaux specialty that’s neither red nor rosé. With more intense color and aromas, the wines are more full-bodied and vinous on the palate due to a longer maceration than the one of rosé.
- Bordeaux Rouge: Made from the traditional Bordeaux grape varieties, the aromas of the red wines are open from its very early days, with the intense color and light tannins.
- Bordeaux Supérieur Rouge: These red wines characterized by ripe fruit aromas and combined with hints of oak, have a longer maturing period and lower yields than the Bordeaux Rouge.
Beautiful Facts of AOC Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur
AOC Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur spans over the entire Bordeaux wine region enjoying an ideal oceanic climate and a rich variety of soils and subsoils.
With the famous savoir-faire developed over 2,000 years, the AOC has made its name known to the wine world:
- 55% of the Bordeaux vineyards
- 58,207 Hectares
- 2.9 M Hectolitres (hl) per year
- 387 M Bottles
- 5,877 Members
- 27 Cooperative Wineries
- 343 Trading Houses
- 2015 production: 2.9 M hectoliters
(50% for consumption in France and 50% for export; 12 bottles sold every second worldwide)
On November 11, a “Happy Hour Special” was organized with local journalists in a trendy restaurant, “Atelier Vivanda” in Wanchai.
8 French winegrowers presented their exceptional wines at the “Happy Hour Special” in Hong Kong:
(1) Château Pierrail
Château Pierrail | Bordeaux Supérieur Rouge 2014
Château Pierrail | Bordeaux Blanc 2015
Château les Hauts de Naudon | Bordeaux Supérieur Rouge 2014
(2) Samazeuilh et Cie (Milhade)
Château Recougne | Bordeaux Supérieur Rouge 2014
Château Recougne Vieilles Vignes | Bordeaux Supérieur Rouge 2014
Château Recougne Cuvée Carmenère | Bordeaux Supérieur Rouge 2014
(3) Vignobles Raguenot
Château des Tourtes | Bordeaux Rouge 2014
Château Laronde Desormes | Bordeaux Supérieur Rouge 2011
Château Barreyre | Bordeaux Supérieur Rouge 2012
Château Tour de Gilet Cuvée | Bordeaux Supérieur Rouge 2012
(5) Cave de Lugon
Château Vieux Raquine | Bordeaux Rouge 2015
Château Eymas | Bordeaux Rouge 2015
(6) Château la Bretonnière
Château la Bretonnière | Bordeaux Clairet 2015
Château la Bretonnière Péché Mignon | Bordeaux Rosé 2015
(7) Domaine de l’Ile Margaux
Domaine de l’Ile Margaux | Bordeaux Supérieur Rouge 2007, 2008 and 2012
(8) Salle du Château le Grand Verdus
Château le Grand Verdus | Bordeaux Blanc 2015
Château le Grand Verdus | Bordeaux Supérieur Rouge 2014
Château le Grand Verdus | Bordeaux Supérieur Rouge "Réserve" 2014
About Planète Bordeaux
Planète Bordeaux (www.planete-bordeaux.fr) is a tourist centre and a centre for the activities of the wine tourism network in the Bordeaux based on a policy of partnership. Planète Bordeaux is the place to come before you set off to tour the vineyards and meet the wine-growers. Planète Bordeaux plays a role in promoting wine and others innovative events throughout the year: creative cookery courses, wine club, gourmet market for Christmas and New Year, “harvest weekend”...
About Business France
Business France (www.businessfrance.fr) is the national agency supporting the international development of the French economy, responsible for fostering export growth by French businesses, as well as promoting and facilitating international investment in France.
It promotes France’s companies, business image and nationwide attractiveness as an investment location, and also runs the V.I.E international internship program.
Founded on January 1, 2015 through a merger between Ubifrance and the Invest in France Agency, Business France has 1,500 personnel, both in France and in 70 countries throughout the world, who work with a network of public- and private-sector partners.
Communications & Press
Communications & Press