Attendance records for the 4th Edition of MyFrenchFilmFestival [fr]
The 4th edition of MyFrenchFilmFestival is now closed and it is a record, with more than 4 million French films viewed worldwide in 205 countries.
Few key figures and facts about the 2014 festival edition:
• It is in China that the festival has particularly worked on the Youku and Tudou platforms, with 3.5 million views (+830%).The short film "In Seventh Heaven" (7ème Ciel) recorded more than 2.5 million views, and the feature film "Augustine" 350,000 viewings.
• The top 5 countries by number of views is: China, Poland, Russia, Mexico, Brazil.
• Concerning pay territories, including Hong Kong, the total number of views increased by 21%, with 46,000 against 38,000 locations in the previous edition. Results on iTunes have almost doubled.
• The number of registration on the myFrenchFilmFestival.com platform reaches 100,000 users.
• The number of fans on the Facebook page of the festival has doubled in one month, with 180,000 users in total.
• The trailer for the festival so far accumulated 2.6 million viewings in the world
Awards list 2014:
Jury Prize, by Jean-Pierre Jeunet (France), Marco Bellocchio (Italie), Anurag Kashyap (Inde) et Frédéric Fonteyne (Belgique):
"Welcome to Argentina" (Mariage à Mendoza) by Édouard Deluc
Public Prize (more than 30,000 votes)
Feature: "Little Lion" (Comme un lion) by Samuel Collardey
Short: "Kiki of Montparnasse" (Mademoiselle Kiki et les Montparnos)
by Amélie Harrault
International Press Prize (awarded by 10 journalists from foreign newspapers)
Feature:"The Virgin, the Copts and Me" (La Vierge, les Coptes et Moi)
by Namir Abdel Messeeh
Short: "Just Before Losing Everything" (Avant que de tout perdre)
by Xavier Legrand
Social Networks Prize (jury of 100 Internet users from 20 different countries, followed on Facebook and Twitter)
Feature: "In a Rush" (Au galop) by Louis Do de Lencquesaing
Short: "Clay" (Argile) by Michaël Guerraz
See you next year!