As a spouse of a EU, EEA or Swiss national [fr]

It is mandatory to obtain an appointment online to apply for a visa. Application time slots are between 8:30 and 12:30 from Monday to Friday.

On scheduled interview, applicants must come in person with their passport and all original documents, with a complete set of photocopies. The Consulate won’t do any photocopies and it won’t be possible to complete your application later.

All documents submitted to the visa department have to be written in French or English. If not, they have to be accompanied by a certified translation.

Please pay close attention to the list of required documents. An incomplete application leads to the visa being refused. Application fees are non-refundable.

Spouse of citizens of the following countries may apply for this short stay visa when they are travelling with their European spouse :
-  European Union: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
-  European Economic Area: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway
-  Switzerland

Documents required:
- 1 short-stay visa application form duly completed and signed (available to download or at the Consulate General)
- 1 colour ID photograph, passport size with white background (35x45mm) (example)
- Valid passport (more than 3 months from the date of return from your stay) + 1 copy of the identity page
- 1 copy of the Hong Kong and / or Macau ID Card
- 1 copy of the Hong Kong and / or Macau visa valid for 1 month from the date of return from your stay
- original + 1 copy of the your marriage certificate
- original + 1 copy of your European spouse’s passport
- 1 copy of your European spouse’s travel plan (flight booking, explanation letter, etc...)
- 1 copy of airline ticket or confirmed booking, including transport between the UK and Schengen if applicable
- If you are visiting several Schengen countries: 1 copy of the transport bookings for the whole itinerary (border crossings)
- If you are going to stay with friends or family : original housing certificate (specimen) issued by the city hall of the city where you will stay (the original document will be provided to you by your host in France)

Other documents may be requested on a case by case basis.

Processing time : click here

CAUTION: between mid-April and late July getting an appointment can take up to one month.

Note: we cannot issue a visa more than 3 months before your departure date.

publié le 06/06/2017

top of the page