03/03: Grand launch of the 2020 Pasteur Global Health Initiative with the actors Sophie Marceau & Michael Wong [fr]
On the 3rd of March, 2015, a dinner will be held at the Asia Society in Hong Kong to celebrate the vivid collaboration between Institut Pasteur and Asia, with the Hong Kong scientific hub for research on infectious diseases of pandemic potential.
The 15-year lasting relation between the University of Hong Kong and the HKU-Pasteur Research Pole is the best illustration of the successful collaboration between Institut Pasteur and Asia. It is celebrated, here in Hong Kong, at the occasion of the launching of “the 2020 Pasteur Global Health Initiative”, with the Guest of Honor, Arnaud BARTHELEMY, Consul General of France in Hong Kong and Macao.
The 2020 Pasteur Global Health Initiative is an international $120 million capital campaign. This initiative will build on two remarkable assets: the Institut Pasteur International network and the new Center for Global Health Research and Education. The goal is to increase the surveillance of epidemics and pandemics, and to pursue the development of cutting-edge training for tomorrow’s brightest minds.
The Hong Kong dinner will enable to promote the Institut Pasteur International Network in Asia which is composed of nine Institutes.
Institut Pasteur International Network in Asia is composed of nine laboratories in 6 countries: Hong Kong, China, New Caledonia, Cambodia, South Korea, Laos, and Vietnam
The Hong Kong Dinner is introduced by Chip TSAO, Columnist, broadcaster and writer in the presence of the honorable Carrie LAM, Chief Secretary for Administration of Hong Kong Government.
Three special guests are invited to this celebration:
• Sophie MARCEAU: internationally renowned French actress
• Michael WONG: internationally renowned Chinese-American actor and director based in Hong Kong
• Georges-Pascal RICORDEAU: internationally renowned French artist, sculptor and painter based in Los Angeles
Six Keynote Speakers will animate this Hong Kong Dinner:
• Pr Christian BRECHOT: President, Institut Pasteur
• Mr Arnaud BARTHELEMY: Consul General of France in Hong Kong & Macau
• Pr Francoise BARRE-SINOUSSI: Director of research of the Virology Department, Institut Pasteur, Nobel Prize in Medicine and Physiology in 2008
• Dr Amadou SALL: Scientific Director, Institut Pasteur Dakar
• Pr Peter MATHIESON: Vice-Chancellor of the University of Hong Kong
• Pr Roberto BRUZZONE: Director HKU-Pasteur Research Pole
This international campaign for Asia responds to the Louis Pasteur’s philosophy:
“Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world...”